Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chance & Data


In the newsletter I talked about falling or non-existent presentation standards. Chance & Data was the topic that we were working on that prompted this gripe. Among the problems I spotted with various children's notes were these biggies;


  • No ruling up (yes, I do insist on it).

  • Children taking notes on scrap paper from the recycling bin.

  • File paper torn from file without bothering to open holders = torn paper.

  • No title, headings, name or date.

  • Written in pencil only - no colour variation.

  • Previous notes not filed = crumpled and torn.

All children were expected to have notes from these sessions up to an acceptable standard last week - which was not checked at the time because of disruptions like falling daughters.


Here are my notes from that session, and even though I have used Publisher, they reflect the sort of presentation that I expect children to emulate if they are to be able to re-read and learn from their notes in future.

No comments: